CIS of Rome-Floyd County, a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation was established in 1993 as a collaborative community initiative and was chartered in 2002. We serve students in both Floyd County Schools and Rome City Schools.
CIS of Rome-Floyd is a partnership between the school systems, business and industry, social service agencies, civic groups, post-secondary institutions, parents, and mentors/volunteers.
CIS Focus Areas: To support youth by improving graduation rates, increasing academic achievement, decreasing truancy, and facilitating college and career readiness.
CIS Key Initiatives: Mentoring, volunteerism, parent involvement, college/career preparation, literacy, and the Performance Learning Center.
THE CIS FIVE BASICS
Communities In Schools believes that every student needs and deserves these five basics:
1. A one-on-one relationship with a caring adult
2. A safe place to learn and grow
3. A healthy start and a healthy future
4. A marketable skill to use upon graduation
5. A chance to give back to peers and community